China Low Carbon Leadership Network – Jointly Organized by GIZ and CCF
The Low Carbon Leadership Network is an event series jointly organized by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and China Carbon Forum (CCF). On 11th October 2010, the first and launching event of the platform “Impressions of the Tianjin Climate Change Talks” took place. The event series facilitates communication among leading experts and key stakeholders in the international climate change sector in China.
Due to its neutral, high-level nature, the Low Carbon Leadership Network enjoys an excellent reputation among senior members of the climate change community in Beijing.
Low Carbon Leadership Network events usually feature an interactive panel discussion with authoritative experts representing key stakeholder groups, including the Chinese government. Sufficient time is made for networking before and after the panel discussion.
Notable speakers from recent events include:
- Mr. Jos Delbeke, Director-General, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Mr. Su Wei, Director General, NDRC, Climate Change Division
- Mr. Manish Bapna, Acting President, World Resources Institute
- Dr. Michael Schaefer, German Ambassador to China
- Mr. Sun Zhen, Deputy Director General, NDRC Climate Change Department
- Dr. Li Junfeng, Deputy Director, NDRC Energy Research Institute